Thursday, July 29, 2010

Lauri Lebo v. David Klinghoffer! He didn't stand a chance.

Recently I had a post "Klinghoffer . . . Again!" concerning David's attempt to link Darwin and Hitler with his Huffington Post case of verbal diarrhea "The Dark Side of Darwin". In my response I did mention another HuffPo article castigating him by Eric Michael Johnson "Intelligent Design Creationists Abuse Science and Victims of the Holocaust".

Well Eric is not the only one who seems to enjoy 'correcting' David. Lauri Lebo also shows David David how to do research in "HuffPo Columnist Tries to Link Darwin to Hitler" and then seriously takes him down!

Lauri Lebo also wrote my favorite book on the Dover Trial "The Devil in Dover" which, in my opinion, is a must read for anyone interested in the contrived Creationism/ID v Science controversy.

We all should be extremely interested in what she says because of the potential negative impact folks like David can have on science education. You know, now that I think about it, we might also count David as having a negative impact on education in its entirety -- if his post is a representative example on how to research and support an article! I know his example would not pass muster during my graduate degree program.

I also discovered that she posts regularly on Religious Dispatches and it's been added to my RSS reading list. I recommend you keep an eye on her work as well. Always insightful, well supported, and interesting. Thanks Lauri.

No comments:

Post a Comment