Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Certainly makes a point, but is it the right point?!

Caught this from one of my favorite strips Non Sequitur:


While I am sure folks can think of examples where religion inhibited science, Galileo and the current Creationism are two examples, I think this strip might overstate it a bit.  There are many examples of religious organizations supporting science, including parochial schools performing cutting edge scientific research to the many advances made by theists of all sorts.  Personally I think instead of images of the Pope, a Rabbi, and an Islamic Cleric, I think images of little kennie ham, a televangelista, and maybe right-winger in an ill-fitting lab coat might be a better, although less obvious, point.  Just my $0.02.

1 comment:

  1. One of my friends gave me some verbal feedback that I cannot resist repeating here. In order for this image to be more accurate, the Televangelista would have grabbed the chalk and used it as a microphone to pontificate. Little kennie ham would have taken the eraser and erased anything on the board that didn't say 'Bible'. The right-winger would have been taking all the scientist's resources, like the board, and even his lab coat, by cutting off any funding.

    ReplyDelete