Monday, August 3, 2015

Want to make a Paleontologist laugh and cry? Send them to Ken Ham's Folly!

Caught the post "Paleontologists brought to tears, laughter by Creation Museum".  I'm not planning on saying much, I had my own taste of the Creation 'Museum' back on 2009 and posted herehere, here, and here where it was discussed as one of the most 'craptastic' tourist attractions in the US. But here are a few of my favorite quotes from this article:

"It's sort of a monument to scientific illiteracy, isn't it?" said Jerry Lipps, professor of geology, paleontology and evolution at University of California, Berkeley"

"I think it's very bad science and even worse theology -- and the theology is far more offensive to me," said [Lisa] Park, a professor of paleontology who is an elder in the Presbyterian Church."
"This bothers me as a scientist and as a Christian, because it's just as much a distortion and misrepresentation of Christianity as it is of science," said Daryl Domning, professor of anatomy at Howard University
 Please enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment